Welcome to the New York Metro Chapter of the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA)!
Topic: CSA NY Metro Chapter Networking Event and Chapter Overview
Date: Tuesday, May 15th, 2018 at 5:30 PM ET
Location: New York City, exact location to be scheduled
The CSA New York Metro Chapter is pleased to announce the addition of three new members to the Board of Directors: Gili Lev, Jim Rutt, and Dan Higham.
The Board provides leadership for carrying out the Cloud Security Alliance’s mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security and governance for Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing.
The elected slate of board members for 2018 is as following:
- President & Chairman – Gili Lev
- VP of Operations/Membership/CSA Liaison/Secretary – Jim Rutt
- VP of Finance – Brandon Wu
- Director of Events – Dan Higham
- Speaker Chair & Sponsorship – Jason Falciola
- Senior Board Member – Elad Yoran
Additional leadership roles recently announced:
- Education and Training Lead – Matthew Sharp
- Marketing Lead – Brad Anton
Please take 5 minutes and complete the following survey so that we can strive to bring you topical events, education and content relevant to your needs regarding cloud security. The link to the survey is: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7C3KKZG
About the CSA New York Metro Chapter:
The CSA New York Metro chapter name was derived from our representation of New York, Connecticut and New Jersey. In order to honor each member state, we plan host events in all three states. Representing such a large area, we tailored our mission statement to work for a diverse audience: “To promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance in reducing and identifying threats within Cloud Computing.”
It is our hope that the New York Metro Chapter CSA will act as an example for other CSA chapters in the US. In order to achieve this as quickly and thoroughly as possible, we need volunteers! If you’d like to help build this chapter, you can contact us on LinkedIn here, or you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cloud Security Alliance is a non-profit organization formed to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing.
The Cloud Security Alliance is comprised of many subject matter experts from a wide variety disciplines, united in our objectives:
- Promote a common level of understanding between the consumers and providers of cloud computing regarding the necessary security requirements and attestation of assurance.
- Promote independent research into best practices for cloud computing security.
- Launch awareness campaigns and educational programs on the appropriate uses of cloud computing and cloud security solutions.
- Create consensus lists of issues and guidance for cloud security assurance.